Thursday, May 22, 2008

Garden Club

I joined a garden group through my church's summer connections and yesterday we met for the first time. Coleen hosted it and she has lots of flower gardens and had lots to share with us ladies. I love getting mature perenials from other gardeners. I actually got everything, with the exception of the spirea, planted last night. They really helped with filling in the beds and I can't wait to see everything bloom! Coleen shared some asiatic lilies, irises, ladies mantle, and thistle I think it was plus a spirea shrub for my landscaping.

Here's a pic of my goodies loaded up into my wagon ready to be planted.
I also decided that I wanted to have a bike in the garden with flowers planted in the baskets. Im really looking for a rusty one but I guess I can't be too picky. I wasn't sure how I was going to get my hands on one of these bikes so I called the local radio station that has a buy & sell call in show and asked for a bike on there. I didn't get not one but 4 calls from people with bikes! I picked one up on my way home from work yesterday and to my surprise it came with the baskets! What a bonus! I will be checking out 2 more tonight and since Im the type that has a hard time saying "no" I will more than likely end up with at least 3 bikes! I have a friend who will take one of them, if anyone who lives by me is interested in one please let me know, my husband would greatly appreciate it LOL. He wasn't too impressed with the one I had at the house and really loved hearing that he will be making a delivery to Waupaca with another one hehe. Anyway, here's the bike I picked up yesterday. I'll get pics of the other ones tonight & I'll also post some pics of ones that have had flowers planted in them to tempt you with wanting a rusty bike of your very own :)

No comments: