Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Will it ever warm up?

Spring has just been hesitant to come the flowers are still pushing on regardless though. Im actually surprised how much more they've grown in 9 days. I actually had a chance to do some weeding last night. The beds look so fresh and clean after the weeding but kind of bare too, I need lots more flowers :) I also picked up a couple annuals yesterday. Im trying a new impatients that Urban's got in this year, it's a trailing impatient, Im excited to see how it does this summer.
I took some more pics when I got home from work of the beds. The bleeding hearts are starting to bloom. The plants seem small, but Im sure they'll be getting pretty big soon. The phlox is starting to open up too, I love phlox, I just wish it lasted longer.
The peonies are coming up good, the usual 2 plants don't look like they'll get any buds again this year, Im not sure what the deal is with them. Maybe after I transplant these when we redo the deck it'll be different.
A pic of my biggest peony plant.
My sea of lily of the valley which was here when I moved in. I've shared lots of this with family and friends. I can't wait for the flowers, it smells so good when it blooms.

The hosta bed where the bleeding hearts are coming up.
Some close up shots of the bleeding hearts.

The white bleeding hearts never get very big, they look really small this year.

I think the hostas are really hesitant about coming up this year :)

The begonias and trailing impatients (butterfly & firefly impatients) I picked up. I haven't decided yet where they're going to go. I initially bought the yellow to go with the red but Im really liking the yellow with the purple now.

Here's the red one. I hope these impatients don't get all spotty towards the end of the year like the regular ones do. They sure are pretty right now. Still deciding where these will go too.

The bleeding heart bushes on the shade side of the shed. I really need to get some mulch/bark in there to help with the rain run off on the roof, it makes such a mess.

Some shots by the fence, here's some day lilies, sweet william and an asiatic lily.

A shot of the phlox by the fence.

The clematis is looking better than the last pic of it, I definately have hope for it now. Now I just gotta wait and see if it'll get some blooms on it.

And this is the last pic for tonight, this is the label for the clematis, I keep forgetting the name of it so I thought Id put a pic of it on here even though it's a little blurred. Maybe I should've whiped the dirt off it before the pic. It's a clematis chalcedony.

No comments: