Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Is it really the end of May?

I had to cover all my annuals last night because we had frost warnings! I don't know how cold it got but when I got up this morning at 6:30 it was 34 degrees, brrrr! I sure hope that was the last time I needed to cover them. One good thing about the cold, I am really really hoping that it killed off some of the young gypsy moth caterpillars, I don't know if the cold even phases them but I can hope :) I am so afraid that those darn things will end up defoliating all my trees.

I took pictures around last night but didn't get them loaded onto the computer yet, so I'll probably post those this evening. The lily of the valley is in full bloom and smelling beautiful and my bleeding hearts are in their prime right now and wow did they have a lot of blooms this year. After they're done blooming I will be splitting some of them to share. I might just do a few because I may have a fundraising perenial sale next spring for the snowmobile club I am in so I'll be needing some to donate to that. The phlox is all blooming too, some of it is on the downside. Next will be my peonies, I can't wait to see them blooming. My peony bed looks pathetic but I didn't really want to make any improvements to that this spring because our deck addition will be going in part of that bed.

I've still got lots of planting to do and Im still searching for pole bean seeds (everyone is sold out) and cilantro. Then I think I should be all done with my purchasing...hopefully at least :)

No comments: